Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Let's talk turkey



Wow! I made the best turkey of my life so far! There was no dry white meat, every bite was moist and tender and tasty. We had a lovely free-range, organic bird that we brined overnight. I think I am becoming a total evangelist for brining. It was fantastic. We fed twelve for Thanksgiving; Tom's father, his brother, our friend, Candi, the Burke family, Auntie Sarah and us. The kids had a blast, the adults enjoyed themselves (I think). I feel into bed bone-tired several nights in a row preparing for this big feast.

Wendesday evening we had a spectacular sunset. The tide was out so the contrast between the mudflats and the fiery water was gorgeous. Then, as Zoey and I were going to bed, the aurora borealis came out and gave us a spectacular display. We snuggled at the slider and were amazed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. You might just be the best mom and hostess ever :)

I love that hanging with your friends is great, but sitting w/ Zoey is equally, if not more, important.

P.S. Did you see the northern lights tonight?