Monday, July 23, 2007

Windy City



Zoey and Tom flew to Chicago to meet my mom for the big European adventure. They spent a day there seeing the sights and getting somewhat adjusted to the time difference. I really wanted Zoey to ease into the ten hour time difference instead of losing a day or two in the UK. Tom and Zoey spent some time at the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium. They really enjoyed the city, I see a family trip there in the near future.




Vivi and I stayed in Anchorage. I had to work on Saturday and Sunday, so Vivi spent two days at Hogwarts. Our friends, the Burkes, have a son who took over the care of Vivi for Saturday and Sunday. My goodness, he did a fine job. Jesse took Vivi's infatuation with Harry Potter and ran with it. He helped her make Jell-O in potions class and a magic wand. She was totally engaged and asking for more. Good job, Jesse.



After getting a bit stuck in non-revenue travel purgatory, Tom made it back to Anchorage last night. Zoey should be wrapping up an evening of London theatre. Me, I am off to work.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Off to work, but aren't you just so happy for Zoey and Vivi? I love that last photo of her...

Great post. I wish them a wonderful homecoming, Trixie.