Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year


What a lovely start to the New Year. We went to our friend, Stephanie's for New Year's eve. The girls all played together, the Christmas tree was ritually burned, there was dry champagne, Diane and Darryl came by, too. All in all a good time. It got even better when Stephanie broke out the Prismacolor Sticks. These are colored pencils unencumbered by a wood coating. We sat at the medieval feasting table all drawing, from 4 year olds to 45 year olds. It was wonderful. There were talents in each other that we did not know existed. I loved it. My camera was in the truck, sorry! Somethings are just too good to interrupt for a photo.




Then today was a glorious day with some clouds and loads of blue sky. Tom plowed since it snowed last night, we drank coffee with creamer and coffee with Frangelico. I made bean soup. We worked on a puzzle with Zoey and played dollhouse with Vivi. Tom and Zoey waxed skis. We all snuggled, some on the couch, some in the rocker. Cojo got a ham bone.

I truly hope the rest of the year is as centered and peaceful as today. And I hope that for all of you as well.

Then the sunset came. WOW! And I get to share it with you via my Christmas gift.



Alpenglow on the south facing snow bank.


I love me some blue shadows on snow.


The sun setting due south at 3:53p.


Mt. Spurr with a steam plume.


Look at this Fata Morgana, click on it and behold the resolution! Thanks, honey, I love the new camera.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Trixie, you are SO BLESSED to be able to photograph scenery most of us don't see, even in a lifetime. Gosh - beautiful! Your camera serves you very well.

entoto said...

Thanks, Mary! I really do feel blessed, except when it is blowing seventy or above.

All those shots were from the end of the driveway in about 10 minutes. Truly a great show my Mother Nature.

Anonymous said...

Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
Wow.

I gotta get to Alaska...

Julie Zickefoose said...

Your photos and colors are amazing. Please to tell what camera you received? Thanking you very much!
Zick, speaking in an accent